I know, I put a poll right about that direction --->
But, i wanted more personal responses, so im writing this.
Whats your favorite type of writing?
Fantasy, like dragons and warriors, and magic and epic battles in faraway lands?
Or Fantasy, like vampires and werewolves and other stuff like that?
Maybe its Science Fiction, with all the scienitfical smart people stuff?
What kinda setting?
Like Realistic Fiction, taking place in the present?
Or maybe Historical Fiction, based in the past?
Futuristic Fiction fits well with Sci Fi, as this type of writing would be in the future.
Do you like twists of love intertwined into the story, as the basis of it?
Or would you like love to just make a small cameo in thestory, and only influence minor things?
Perhaps not even in the fiction genre, maybe you like to read true nonfiction articles?
Biographies? (XP Blech)
Science books? (These are really awesome, most times)
History books? (Theyre cool when theyre about wars and such, like Age of Empires XD)
Maybe you like another type of writing entirely? In that case, please specify.
My own favorite type of writing would have to be... Well as long as its some kind of fiction, I have a good chance of finishing. I tend to go towards Fantasy, of both types, Vampires, Werewolves , Dragons, Magic, stuff like that is awesome. And ESPECIALLY series books, like Harry Potter, Twilight, Maximum Ride, Chronicles of Vladimir Tod, Series of Unfortunate Events, Chronicles of Narnia, Vampire Kisses, and other such series books. I doubt youve heard of ALL of these series before today. You really should read them, if you like one of them you're bound to like the rest of em.
Sci fi is awesome, though sometimes tends to get boring in the middle. There are a few awesome Sci Fi's, but cant think of any on the spot.
Romance is awesome, i could read a story based completely on Romance. Romance also fits great with the other kinds of fiction stories. Almost completely embeded(sp?) in Vampire Kisses, influences most of Twilight, and makes a few appearnaces in Harry Potter and Maximum Ride.
Some fictions are comletely devoid of romance, such as Series of Unfortunate Events, and some Sci Fi's, and some Fantasy-Dragons, Magic, Warriors, etc. Romance always adds a nice twist to stories, so I love it ^_^
Nonfiction science type books, and maybe some history books, I love reading. Especially the history books about World War II, the Civil War, World War I, and ancient Europe, Asia, and Africa, like what we're covering in History class :D
I really liked The Alchemy of Love and Lust, I really learned a lot reading that one. The other ones about natural disaters, chemical stuff, outer space, time travelling, anything awesome like that is readable.
Well there ya go, I hope at least SOMEBODY comments on this, and please if you do, could you tell your favorite type(s) of writing? Thanks, I really appreciate! ^_^
(Oh god, i completely neglected a couple of types of writing, Action andAdventure, and Action-Adventure >.> I completely forgot about them. Well, they're not really seperate genres of writing, are they? They shouldnt count, since most good stories have at least SOME kind of action in them, and the Fantasy ones menitoned above are usually Adventure.)
Well cya later, I may check this during the week, depending on the turnout I recieve on monday.
Sunday, August 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Fantasy, in both, is my favorite type of writing. Especially dragons. Dragons are awesome! Like sci-fi but it has to be interesting throughout the whole book. Not too much of the sciency-mumbo jumbo. Too much makes it boring. I don't mind romance in stories, if anything it makes it better. But sometimes there is little too much sappiness.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Konin. Fantasy is the coolest type of writing because it allows you to imagine like whatever. ^.^
ReplyDeleteYou said Sappiness, are you sure you didn't mean Happiness? With an H?
ReplyDeleteXD Yesh, fantasy ish teh awesomeness! :D
Yeah, i've read more than a few boring science fiction, but there's still a few good science-y mumbo jumbo ones ^_^
Imaginaaaation *makes a little rainbow with hands* >.< Couldn't help doing that.
Go romance! :DDD
Hah! The last part was funny! *falls on floor laughing* ^.^
ReplyDeleteLook at your story, the one you put on a blog.
Also look at your Angelisim blog too, and look at my blog. Hope you got my email. ^.^
ReplyDeletep.s. Hope you're not cheating anymore.
Heh, wow, yeah, I checked them all.
ReplyDeletePs... Uhhh....
Yay! ^.^
ReplyDelete^_^ Yup
ReplyDeleteI'm so sorry! You answered this yesterday and I'm barely answering!
ReplyDeleteI hope you got my new email thing. *feels guilty for some reason*
Don't worry about it, I do that all the time.
ReplyDelete*nod nods* I did